Thursday 16 October 2014

‘MMc401.2 ‘identity project’


Brand Identity

Introduction

For this assignment I was asked to create a Brand Identity to promote myself. Brand identity is important in any type of industry as it helps you to create a long lasting relationship with the customers. To create a brand first you need to create a logo that will help you establish a brand identity.

Important design principals:

- Balance - provides structure to a design

Symmetrical logo
The design consist of two letters and it looks unified. The symmetrical balance is centered and is visually equivalent on both sides. I really like this because is easy but effective.




The design presents a heart that is made of colorful paper. I like it because it's consistent with a logo name and it creates a positive feeling about this company.



This logo is one of my favorite because it is illustrative and it constantly makes me smile as it presents "sumo cowboy". I think it is an interesting design and definitely memorable.


Asymmetrical logo
I like this logo because it is simple but attract the attention and it associates positively because the structure is similar to tick, meaning correct.

This logo is also an example of an asymmetrical logo because it consists of a black word "You" and a red rounded rectangle with the word "Tube" in it.





- Contrast - allows to highlight key elements in a design and enhance the difference between the elements


Firefox’s logo is an impressive logo because it has bold colours that separates the circling fox from the globe.




I really like this design because the red background nicely enhance the black and white pictures and helps them to play off each other. I also like the idea of hand transformed partly into a gun. I think the whole design is really eye catching and memorable.




Here is another example of the good use of alignment and contrast.

- Emphasis - Clarifies centres of interest which focus the audience attention



As we can see the logo drags our attention to a face. The interesting thing is also that the company name is placed in the logo. The person's nose is the L and face is the G.




The logo focus our attention on the word "peak" as it is bold and at the top of it, the meaning of that world is illustrated .


Research into Graphical and Illustrative logos

I have conducted research into these types of logos because for me there are more interesting and some of them artistic, imaginative and beautiful.






I like this logo because of the illustration of a raven. I think it looks really effective because I can actually feel the mood that is portrayed on the logo. I also believe the font is well selected because it is simple and doesn't overwhelm the illustration but expose it very well. 

I like this logo because of how it represents two different things in the same image (a hourglass and a drink). 


I like this logo because of it symmetrical balance and because it produces interesting aesthetic impression, despite the simple design and the use of traditional colours. 





This logo presents a panda symbol that is simple, but recognizable and appealing. It also overcome all language barriers because it's graphical. It is owned by WWF, the company that take care of the nature and animals. I think this logo is powerful because when I look at it, I understand what the company stands for. 



This logo was created for a book publisher that creates travel guides full of jokes and humour. I like this logo because it looks fun, is memorable and it represent very well a publisher concept.




This logo consists of two letter and a human figure, a piper. The figure represents the BT's purpose which is listening and talking and focus on specific market sector and audience. I like this logo because of the simplified human figure that is eye catching and easily memorable.


I think this logo looks really interesting because of how the pictures are put together to create a full illustration. Also I think the lettering at the bottom works perfectly because it's simple and delicately highlights the meaning of the logo.  


I present this logo because I like it soft and elegant look. I also like how the twigs form a circle and I think that the handwritten font really softens and add elegance to the whole design. I think it looks really feminine as well. 


I really like this logo because of the use of negative space and the use of lion that is simplified but presented creatively.



I think this logo is really great and original. I like the overlapping circles and the use of space. I also think the font is interesting as it looks old school and elegant at the same time. The use of colour is also good as it's eye catching and drags attention of the viewer.

While creating a logo it is also important to remember that human brain firstly acknowledges and remember shapes and then words.


Few logo concept sketches




Development of my idea


No comments:

Post a Comment